Posted: Mar 08, 2018
- Nothing came easy for Pensacola State on Wednesday, as they fell 13-5 to Gulf Coast State College Commodores.
- Gulf Coast fired up the offense in the first inning, when Cory Heffron hit a solo homer. Gulf Coast pulled away for good with five runs in the fourth inning. In the fourth Stevie Moffatt singled on a 1-0 count, scoring one run, Josh Nowak singled on a 1-2 count, scoring one run, Heffron grounded out, scoring one run, and Alec Aleywinehomered on a 2-1 count, scoring two runs.
- Pensacola put up three runs in the fifth inning. Griffin Rivers, Wilfredo Alvarez, and Josh Rulli all drove in runs in the frame.
- Trever Kilcrease was credited with the victory for Gulf Coast. He surrendered five runs on eight hits over seven innings, striking out 11 and walking one. Brett Wisely threw one inning in relief out of the bullpen.
- Evan Floyd took the loss for PSC. He surrendered seven runs on 11 hits over five innings, striking out seven.
- Gulf Coast hit three home runs on the day. Aleywine had a four bagger in the fourth inning. Heffron had a dinger in the first inning. Malik Spratling went deep in the sixth inning.
- The Pirates racked up nine hits. Jake Nemith and Richard Sorrenti each collected multiple hits for Pensacola State.
Both teams are back in action today in Panama City with first pitch at 5:00.